Forth is currently seeking a Clean Transportation Intern to contribute to ongoing clean transportation outreach and education to the public and encourage the adoption of electric vehicles, electric bikes, and other zero-emission transportation modes.
Internship duration: 12 weeks with the opportunity to be extended
- Education & Outreach (40%): Promote electric transportation in traditionally underserved communities through tabling, electric car ride & drives, and related activities. Occasionally staff the Go Forth Electric Showcase. Provide support to Forth’s ongoing and upcoming pilot projects.
- Public Policy (30%): Coordinate elected official and staff visits to the Go Forth Electric Car showcase. Complete research projects to identify transportation policy issues and opportunities. Refine policy proposals with staff and stakeholders. Assist the Director of Government Relations with projects, research, and analysis as needed.
- Database Entry & Support (30%): Enter new or updated contact information into Salesforce. Assist with projects to organize Salesforce and other database projects as needed. Enter project data into spreadsheets and create relevant charts/graphs.
- Currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate student.
- A passion for Forth’s mission and values.
- Excellent cross-cultural communications skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated self-motivation, ability to work independently, and attention to detail without losing a “big picture” perspective.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to lift 35 pounds to assist with event set up.
- An ability to take the work seriously, without taking yourself too seriously.
Please review the complete internship description for more details and to learn how to apply. Applications should be received no later than October 5 to ensure consideration.
Forth is highly committed to excellence through diversity, to fostering an inclusive and equitable workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development. People of color, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQI(+) candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Forth is committed to responding to accommodation requests from applicants with disabilities, whenever possible.