Forth proudly partners with the Confluence Environmental Center to host AmeriCorps members who strengthen our work promoting the benefits of electric, smart, and shared mobility. We are now seeking to fill our AmeriCorps member position of Program Specialist for the 2017-2018 service year (September 6, 2017 - July 27, 2018).
The Program Specialist will:
- Interact with employer organizations, municipalities, community partners, and the public to help promote the use of electric vehicles, electric vehicle charging, and other clean transportation options such as electric bicycles and electric busses (30%).
- Serve with Forth Mobility Fund staff to educate school-aged children and provide pathways for education with Portland-area school districts and other youth groups (30%).
- Interact with the public and with community partners to promote electric vehicles to lower-income households in the communities most impacted by air pollution and tailpipe emissions, organizing “ride and drive” events, conducting public outreach, and assisting with related projects being developed by the Forth Mobility Fund (20%).
- Participate in Confluence led professional development activities: Professional Development Series, completing a Change Agent Project, team meetings, National Service events and other self-directed development opportunities (20%).
- A taxable, monthly living allowance ($12,630 paid over the term of service).
- Upon successful completion of a term of service, eligible Members receive an education award of $5,815. The education award can be used to repay qualified student loans or for further education in an accredited institution of higher learning, vocational or trade schools. The education award is taxed in the year that it is used.
- Loan forbearance (after successful completion of a term of service, AmeriCorps will pay the accrued interest on qualified loans, which is taxable).
- Professional development, trainings and networking opportunities.
- $100 training fund available.
- And more!
Please review the complete job description for more details and to learn how to apply. Applications should be received no later than July 21 to ensure consideration.