At our last networking events of 2018, we highlighted the year's top moments in the electric mobility industry. At the Portland networking event, we collected over 48 pounds of food for the Oregon Food Bank.
Top Industry Highlights:
- Electric cars registered in the United States reached 1 million. Globally, it took five years to hit 1 million but only 6 months for the next million
- A victory in the Oregon Supreme Court for EVs. Oregon finally secures a $2500 electric vehicle purchase rebate, with an extra $2500 for low income buyers
- The introduction of a Subaru Plug In Hybrid while the Chevrolet Volt was discontinued
- Electric Vehicle Symposium 33 is coming to Portland in 2020
- The VW funds hits the streets to fund a range of zero emission technology from school buses and transit buses to forklifts
- Exponential growth for electric and shared first and last mile options with electric scooters. Join us on January 16, where will discuss the future of the e-scooters in Portland (growth in scooters)
- More electric and hybrid trucks were introduced
- CHAdeMO is working with China to develop a next generation "ultra-fast" EV charging standard, while CharIN continues to promote the Combined Charging System (CCS.)”
We’d like to extend a very special thank you to all of our members and partners for supporting our work and for their efforts to advance electric and smart mobility!
In 2019, along with monthly networking events, we are introducing monthly webinars. For a list of our upcoming webinars click here. You can find a list of upcoming events, here.
You can view our presentation here: