Advancing Electric Mobility Together
Advancing Electric Mobility Together
Forth is committed to working with electric utilities to advance electric transportation
Forth has worked with many energy providers in the Pacific Northwest to help them develop strategies and implement programs to advance transportation electrification.
Transportation Electrification Program Consulting
Forth has built strong partnerships and networks in the industry, government and nonprofit sectors. Forth has conducted EV trainings for the Emerald People’s Utility District and Columbia River PUD, and has ongoing partnerships with Pacific Power and Rocky Mountain Power.
Forth can provide:
- A high-level analysis of the grid and financial impacts of EV adoption
- Simple projections of the benefits of boosting EV adoption
- Best practices related to offering a utility EV program
- A value proposition for investing time and resources in electric vehicles
Ride & Drive Event Coordination
Forth has coordinated numerous pop-up ride and drive events, which are a great way to engage customers and employees. We’ve partnered with Pacific Power, Portland General Electric, Puget Sound Energy, Tacoma Power and many others other utilities for these events. We’ve also partnered with Electrify America on a series of ride and drive events in the state of California.
- Coordinate ride and drive events from start to finish
- Assist with dealer outreach to secure EVs for test drives
- Develop marketing materials and promote event
- Provide staff support and electric vehicles for event
EV Charging Station Consulting
Forth has ongoing relationships with all major charging providers and a history of working with electric utilities. Forth is currently working with the Washington Department of Transportation on a project to increase fast chargers along the I-5 Corridor and with Travel Oregon to oversee the installation of destination charging stations in the Pacific Northwest.
- Site EV charging station locations
- Coordinate with local utilities to assess the electrical infrastructure
- Negotiate and execute site host agreements
- Determine local permit requirements
- Oversee project implementation
Workplace Charging Outreach
Forth has been committed to promoting workplace charging for several years and was the most successful ambassador for the US Department of Energy’s Workplace Charging Challenge. Forth is continuing to lead in Workplace Charging awareness and can help support key business customers as they develop their owner workplace charging programs.
- Provide training and support for staff to execute workplace charging goals
- Develop educational collateral for partners and stakeholders
- Provide subject matter consulting to business partners in support of their developing and reach Workplace Charging goals
Forth is actively engaged in demonstration projects which expand mobility options and increase access to clean transportation.
- Act as the Project Manager for projects related to electric, shared, smart and/or equitable transportation
- Establish partnerships with relevant industry contacts
- Develop outreach and awareness campaigns
- Assess and report on project after completion
Oregon Utility Support
The Oregon Department of Environmental Quality recently selected the Forth Mobility Fund as the “backstop aggregator” for the Oregon Clean Fuels Program. Under this program, electric utilities that opt-in can generate credits for residents who charge their cars at home. For utilities that do not opt-in, Forth will serve as the backstop aggregator and invest the proceeds to advance transportation.
Transportation Electrification Strategies for Electric Utilities
This report provides an overview of the EV market, explains why utilities are getting involved, and lists a wide variety of actions being taken nationwide.
Want to Learn More?
Questions? Contact us to learn more about how Forth can support your efforts to advance electric and smart transportation.